Dermatology and Mohs Surgery Histotechnician
East Syracuse, New York Job #12422669
Dermatology practice is growing and searching for a full-time Histotechnician to work in their Mohs Surgery lab. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong attention to detail. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Minimum requirements include:
- Must be able to process tissue samples for microscopic examination by the Mohs Surgeon including, grossing, embedding, microtomy, cover slipping and all related histology tasks.
- Operate basic laboratory equipment such as tissue processor, embedding station, tissue microtome and tissue stainers.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of the lab supplies and equipment.
- Embedding, microtomy, special stains, and IHC.: 1 year required.
- Prior frozen specimen preparation or Mohs Surgery experience.
- Successful completion of an accredited histotechnician program.
- Associates degree in laboratory science or biology.