- Join a well-established, employed practice of 2 general surgeons.
- The practice is part of a larger employed multi-specialty group that includes an orthopaedic surgeon and gastroenterologist.
- Incoming surgeon should be comfortable with all aspects of general surgery.
- Ideal candidate would also be able to perform some vascular surgery procedures, especially peripheral vascular surgery.
- No fellowship required.
- Practice and facility call 1:3.
- Cover only 1 hospital.
- Board eligible / board certified.
Practice covers a wide range of general procedures:
- Bread and butter surgery
- Breast surgery
- Laparoscopic (hernia, gallbladder, colon, appendectomy, etc.).
- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease GERD surgery for heartburn
- Some dermatological surgeries
This is an employed opportunity through the hospital which offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Great comprehensive and flexible benefits program
- PTO and CME time / allowance
- Occurrence-based malpractice
- Strong support system
Nestled within a bend of the St. John's River, Palatka is a historic Northeast Florida city that proudly displays its Old Florida charm. The city hosts a myriad of festivals and offers an abundance of outdoor activities, from canoeing and kayaking to hiking or playing golf. It is just a short drive from the oldest city in the US, St. Augustine, and the beautiful Florida coast.